It’s been a fantastic reading month!
- House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski (5/5) – this is beyond words. My 2014 best read so far *2 thumbs up*
- Ruins by Dan Wells (4/5) – satisfying finale for one of my favourite sci-fi/post apocalyptic YA series
- Lola and the Boy next Door by Stephanie Perkins (3/5) – different from Anna and the French Kiss, but cute
- The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (5/5) – a gem! The writing was just mesmerizing =)
- Un Lun Dun by China Mieville (5/5) – fun and entertaining from beginning to end!
(Ebooks, not included in image above)
- Deception by C.J. Redwine (4/5) – intense. surprisingly emotional. I’d go as far to say that this sequel is one of the most mature YA reads out there
- Magic Gifts by Ilona Andrews (3/5) – my Kate Daniels fever kind of tapered down a bit after this one. I love the myth, though
- The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade (4/5) – something light and funny. Right up my alley!
- On Her Watch by Rie Warren (4/5) – I liked Liz Grant’s POV better than Cannon from In His Command
The thing I love the most about my books last July is this: It was a mix of genres (YA and others) and a mix of book formats (printed and ebooks). It only means that seven months after I made my reading resolution, I am adhering to it without any effort at all. =) Aja!
It’s already August 2nd here in Manila, and of course, my daily thought is that, it’s one more month until the “ber” months. Heh. I’m such a kid. Getting excited for Christmas as early as now.
Happy weekend, everyone!