Hello! Let’s go straight to my list, shall we?
BEST OF 2013
- THE HISTORY OF LOVE by Nicole Krauss. I am in love with this book! *starry eyes*
- THIS IS HOW YOU LOSE HER by Junot Diaz. Stunning. 😉
- A STORM OF SWORDS by George R.R. Martin. Collossal ending, as in, hands down!
- ORIGIN by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- TALL STORY by Candy Gourlay
- YOU DON’T HAVE TO SAY YOU LOVE ME by Sarra Manning
- ELEANOR & PARK by Rainbow Rowell. Park! Definite swoon material, you guys.
- THESE BROKEN STARS by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
- GONE GIRL by Gillian Flynn
- THE LOST GIRL by Sangu Mandanna. Beautiful, beautiful writing.
- THE BOOK THIEF by Markus Zusak. Oh, the heartache.
- THE CATASTROPHIC HISTORY OF YOU AND ME by Jess Rothenberg
SURPRISES OF 2013
- SHADES OF GRAY by Brooke McKinley. This is a M/M romance so yeah, surprise!
- 84, CHARING CROSS ROAD by Helene Hanff
- THE GREAT GATSBY by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- GILEAD by Marilynne Robinson. My biggest surprise, true.
- FAHRENHEIT 451 by Ray Bradbury
WORST OF 2013
- ALLEGIANT by Veronica Roth. Appalling. Don’t even get me started (ranting) again.
- SPEAK by Laurie Halse Anderson
- THE SECRET OF ELLA AND MICHA by Jessica Sorensen
- UNTEACHABLE by Leah Raeder
- SCHOOL SPIRITS by Rachel Hawkins. And I so loved the Hex Hall series…! But this one? Ack.
- WORLD AFTER by Susan Ee. Pooky Bear!
- SCARLET by Marissa Meyer. Wolf!
- SPARK by Amy Kathleen Ryan. I think this series is underrated. How can anyone miss its awesomeness? *clueless*
- DARK TRIUMPH by Robin LaFevers
- CROWN OF MIDNIGHT by Sarah J. Maas. Chaol Westfall!
- QUICKSILVER by R.J. Anderson
- ASHEN WINTER by Mike Mullin
- FRAGMENTS by Dan Wells. Samm!
- EONA by Allison Goodman. Lord Ido!
- A MILLION SUNS by Beth Revis
- KINSLAYER by Jay Kristoff
- GAME by Barry Lyga
- THE EVOLUTION OF MARA DYER by Michelle Hodkin. Epic fail in the end. Grrr.
- HORDE by Ann Aguirre. Triumphant ending for a trilogy I loved so dearly. Undoubtedly surpasses all books in this list!
- CHAMPION by Marie Lu
- INTO THE STILL BLUE by Veronica Rossi
- BOUNDLESS by Cynthia Hand
- REACHED by Ally Condie
- ALLEGIANT by Veronica Roth
- ICON OF THE INDECISIVE by Mina V. Esguerra. This one almost top Allegiant with its ridiculous ending. Almost.
- REQUIEM by Lauren Oliver. Such high hopes I have for this one 😦 but no.
- FEVER Series by Karen Marie Moning. Hello sleepless nights and emotional hangover. But Barrons… whoa!
- BLOOD OF EDEN Series by Julie Kagawa
It was a very good reading year for me. 125 books read out of 52 books set for 2013 🙂 and only a few that I rated 1-2 stars. Happy, happy time, I might say. How’s your 2013 reading?