change. transitive verb
: to make different in some particular : ALTER
This is a birthday wish list.
But as I enter a new phase (century?) in my life, let me tell you the little changes that I realized has been going on for the past few months or so.
- I rarely check my social media sites anymore. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, yes even Goodreads.
- I did not use my plastic for any purchases last month, even to buy a book.
- I think (I really think!) that I can handle rejection (or alienation) from a friend (or friends) better now.
- I am willing to be submissive to an argument, because I realized not every conflict is a battle worth fighting for.
change. transitive verb
: to make radically different : TRANSFORM
Oprah once said that everyday, you have to list 5 things that you are grateful for.
I used to do this, because during those times when we barely have anything, it pays to be thankful of things (and poeple) that you have.
So here’s my 5 things:
- I am thankful that my parents are still alive and healthy.
- I am thankful that my 3 year-old son is growing up as a kind and happy boy.
- I am thankful that for those friends I lost through the years, new ones came in, and I believe they are here to stay.
- I am thankful that even years after college, I enjoy studying again.
- I am thankful that after five years of marriage, my best friend with benefits is still making me happy, growing up with me, and very supportive of my wants (travel, books, food!).
I am turning 30 this month… and I am still excited over it! A friend told me that as people get older, birthdays tend to be more ordinary, boring. Me? I don’t believe that! I am even planning my celebration for the whole month of October. =)
My birthday wish list is here, wish being the operative word.
Oh, I can get them all by myself. But why bother, when it’s more fun when the people who cares about me are the ones doing the giving? Ha!
Beatles 25 Greatest Hits in iTunes, Nickelback’s So Far Away, Better than Ezra’s A Lifetime, Jason Mraz’ I Won’t Give Up.
Trail Mix, Pretzels, and Tea bags!
Post-It Notes and Tape Flags.
A tattoo. 😀
What, no books on my wishlist?
Believe me, none at all!
I have a book shelf full of TBR books, so nope.
(But I do not turn away books if you’d like to give me one, hihi.)
the best gift you can ever give this birthday girl?
Spend time with me this October. =)