Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature from The Broke and The Bookish.
The list below means I both read the book and watched the movie. I only have 2 worst adaptations in the list (last two at the bottom). So that’s good, right? 😉
- The Millennium Trilogy (Swedish Edition) by Stiegg Larsson – Superbly satisfying! Horror, and gore just like the books. =)
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien – it was hard to imagine Tolkien’s Middle Earth and it’s inhabitants. Thank goodness I actually liked the movie tie-ins.
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel – love Richard Parker, even in the big screen! Oh, he’s animation. Who cares!
- The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides – still as stunning as the book.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte – I loved the movie more than the novel. This is the classic I think I would watch over and over.
- Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison – still funny and even more romantic in film. Aaron Johnson! *swoon*
- Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan – I thoroughly enjoyed Michael Cera in this adaptation. (I think I have a massive crush on him *winks*)
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – for a book that so awesome, the movie is more or less a good reflection of it.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger – terrible adaptation. It was frustrating to watch it, for I am in love with the novel.
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Magaret Stohl – ah, I watched this one to pass the time during my long flight to the US. I was feeling sour after I read Beautiful Chaos already. When I watched this? Now I am wondering why I was into this series.
What’s on your list? Link me up! 😀