The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend America, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.
Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the charming college co-ed. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his charms, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’ apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.
And i gave in to temptation when i bought this ebook from Amazon after reading the sample from my Kindle. Is it worth the purchase? Yes. The 4-star-rating mainly covers the first half of the book, the second half is just a 3 (bordering on 2, actually).
Abby is flying under the radar at her university but she still catches the eye of resident bad boy, Travis. From UNlike-at-first-sight to being friends, Abby and Travis trudged on to the very rocky road to love.
- cocky and sexy banter b/w Abby and Travis at the beginning
- Travis is my ultimate bad boy book boyfriend! Fighter, Tattoos, straight A student. Oh, Trav, I am willing to be a groupie!
- Travis’ UFC scenes – more in the lines of the movies Never Back Down and Fight Club
- Poker scene with the Maddox family – dysfunctional but it works on them
- America – whoa, i wanna be friends with that girl!
- i think the book is too long.
- too much drama on Abby-Travis relationship
- Travis got sappy, clingy, needy when he and Abby finally hooked up. 😦 I did not see that coming. Nothing turns me off like a guy who stalks, begs and pleads from a girl to take him back. He could’ve been a perfect male lead, but the 2nd half of the book destroyed him.
Beautiful Disaster is a surprising good read and i really like it despite my rants. I can recommend for you to read and start this one, but after the first half, if you reach the drama hype of Abby-Travis relationship, decide on your own if you’re going to finish it.
P.S. That is one captivating book cover, i tell you.
.: maria :.
“giving up is the ultimate tragedy.”