Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature from The Book and The Bookish.
This week’s Top Ten: Confession from every bookaholic out there. Here we go!
- 2nd half of last year, my average monthly spend on books is PhP5,000 (roughly US$100++).
- Books over Anything. Ask any of my officemates. There’s a bunch of times nows that I have no money left for transpo going home, save an MRT card (train prepaid card). So i borrow money from them so I can get home. Ha!
- I literally stalked our local bookstores to see whether they shelved 50 Shades of Grey under the Teen Section. I saw it. Twice. I posted on that local bookstore’s FB page to remove them. weeks later, they are re-shelved.
- This happened to me 3 times. I bought the 1st book on the series, brought it home, read it overnight, then bought the next book the next day. Again, i read it overnight, then bought the next installment. until I reach the last book. First time is with the Twilight Saga (yeah, don’t ask), then Percy Jackson series, then The Mortal Instruments series (books 1-3).
- I buy books then stash them in the office. Come Friday, i bring it home. When hubby asks, i always tell him i all bought the books on sale.
- I read Colliers Encyclopedia volumes 1-24 when i was young. I favored reading about the different countries and their capitals.
- I always, always finish a book no matter how worse it is.
- I used to not cover my hardbound books. Thanks to Tina, I now put a plastic cover to all of them.
- I love Erotica reads, though i haven’t read as much as i want (blame it on YA). Pleasure in words? So sexy!
- I rarely post something personal here in my blog. They say whatever you share in the net, it’s out there forever. Yeah, i’m paranoid like that.